Tuesday, April 29, 2014

VERSE

Sleeping in my room then alarm clock, boom
Reality is back, dreams gone too soon
A slave to my trade, 9 to 5, 10 to 8
Little time for my family cuz we gotta get paid
Feeling stuck in the system, with no pearls of wisdom
Of how to escape, the situations dismal
A hunger deep inside, the source of my drive
Keep looking towards the sky just to stay alive

Slowly breaking the links that are chained to my feet
Getting out this place, Lenny Kravis, fly away
Gotta vision so strong, gonna change the whole scene
My eyes are wide open, i'll be living my dream
Things done through Christ must all turn out right
Because i'm working through faith, not power or might
So good riddance to the struggle, taking back my soul
Keep your biweekly checks, i got my own bank roll 

No comments:

Post a Comment